Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Trader Joe's Mania in NYC

I've always found Trader Joe's stores to be kinda, well, quaint. I never think of them when it comes to my major supermarket excursions (especially since Wegman's entered the picture) and on the odd occasion when I do find something of theirs I really like (such as the Chipotle Sauce I found a couple summers ago) I should just buy as much of it as I see because once it's gone it's frequently gone, gone, gone.

So it's hard for me to understand the Trader Joe's mania that's reportedly sweeping New York City. Can the nation's largest city really be that ga-ga over a store where you can't buy toilet paper or fresh fish? Apparently so, but Trader Joe's vet Andy Bowers has some tips for Manhattanites getting their first taste of the quirky franchise.

No comments: