Monday, June 19, 2006

The Hungover Gourmet Meets The Black Widow!


That's me and Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas at the eBay Conference held at Mandalay Bay. By the time that picture was taken I'd been on a five hour plane trip, cab ride from the airport to my hotel downtown, and then on the bus that runs from Fremont Street to the other end of The Strip. It may help explain the somewhat maniacal look on my face.

Sonya couldn't have been nicer... she signed her recipe in the eBay Community Cookbook that was given out to all the attendees and had her Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe in it. I also chatted with IFOCE commissioner Charles Hardy and he said they hope to come back to Baltimore for another competition, perhaps as early as this fall.

Which reminds me... I still need to get my photos from the Crabcake Eating Championship posted!

No comments: