Friday, November 24, 2006

Call for Submissions: THG #11, The Coffee Issue

Here's the latest news on THG #10. The all-new 32-page issue will be going to the printer next week and I hope to have issues in hand by Christmas. Contents include a Long Beach Pork Rind Roundup, this spring's Crabcake Eating Contest in Baltimore, restaurant reviews (including a Jackie Chan-themed eatery in Hawaii), Cheesesteaks in the OC, mixed drink recipes, letters to THG, and a section on hamburgers including my obsession with multi-tiered burgers, the secrets of In-N-Out ordering, White Castle in Harlem and more.

With issue #10 heading off to the printer it's time we started thinking about issue #11. This will mark a return to our "theme" issues and we'll be visiting a topic very near and dear to my heart: Coffee. I didn't always like coffee, in fact, I pretty much hated it for years. Nowadays it's a big part of my life, from my early morning pick me up to an ingredient I use in rubs, marinades and more.

We're looking for coffee-centric contributions including: coffee and coffeeshop reviews; recipes for coffee drinks, dishes to enjoy with coffee, or dishes that use coffee as an ingredient; tales of why you love or loathe coffee... you get the picture.

Deadline for contributions is March 1, 2007 with a target publication date of Spring/Summer 2007. Contributions should be no more than 1000 words for articles, 500 words for reviews.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at editor@hungovergourmet.com.

No comments: