Thursday, November 01, 2007

Welcome to Nablopomo, Day One

"So, what's a Nablopomo?" you're probably asking yourself. Well, it stands for National Blog Posting Month and that's what November is. The idea behind the movement is that you commit to posting something to your blog every day of the month. That's it. They don't have to be long posts, detailed posts, or funny posts. You just have to post.

I've never taken on the Nablopomo challenge before but I plan to do it on two fronts: both here at the Hungover Gourmet blog and over at The Exploitation Retrospect blog. Aside from this initial post I'll do my best not to share content. That'd sort of be cheating, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I decided to tackle this challenge because work is getting busier, the holidays are coming up, life is getting crazier and it'd be really easy to slack off and let less important things like the blog take a backseat. Plus, I look at writing as a muscle and if you don't exercise it every now and then it starts to go a little soft.

So that's that. Welcome to Nablopomo and I hope you enjoy the ride.

By the way, you can also click the little participant graphic at the top of the right hand column to be taken to the Nablopomo homepage where you can read more about the event and explore some of the other blogs that are participating.

No comments: