Friday, April 04, 2008

Great New Source for Area Reviews

I like to get a lot of opinions on a restaurant before I decide whether or not to give it a try. Typical "research" might include inquiring on area food groups, tracking down blog posts, and perusing the critical thoughts of critics from the local daily and weekly papers.

In other words, that's a lot of time spent deciding if I want to hit one burger joint over another or selecting a place in the city to meet with a friend for lunch.

Enter Urbanspoon. This new site does a great deal of the legwork for me (and you!) by collecting reviews from pros (like the Baltimore Sun and City Paper) as well as bloggers and the casual eater.

Right now the site has 31 local sections – including LA, NY, Philly, Pittsburgh, Seattle and DC in addition to Charm City – and features an array of widgets and social networking features like Friends, Wishlist, Newsletters and Voting.

I really like Urbanspoon's clean design as well as its user-friendly interface. I've already bookmarked the site and started linking some THG blog posts to its restaurant pages. Check it out, I think you'll dig it.

1 comment:

John said...

Now this is very convenient! But it makes me wonder: are we now all irrelevant or perhaps a bit more necessary?