Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Gaetano's Still Rocks My Cheesesteak Loving Heart

While I was up in NJ/PA this weekend I knew I had to get my hands on a real cheesesteak. I don't get up to the area often enough so when a cheesesteak opportunity presents itself I have to take advantage of the situation.

Luckily, my dining companions were in complete agreement and we ended up getting steaks from Gaetano's in Willingboro, NJ, one of my long-time favorite South Jersey steak shops during my residency in the area.

I got the regular, which featured a massive helping of chopped steak, fried onions, mushrooms and extra cheese all on a delicious, crusty, slightly chewy seeded roll. Which led to a long discussion about how the bread here in MD stinks and you could never have such a hefty meat bomb without the awesomeness completely soaking through the hinge of the roll and depositing the entire sandwich on your lap.

Definitely a Top 10 cheesesteak in my book and I'll have to get with Chris and see if we can come up with our definitive list ranking our favorite cheesesteak spots.

No comments: