Friday, August 13, 2010

Warning! This Sandwich Will Cause Heart Damage!

There's a part of me that wishes the whole "man vs food" menu item concept had been bigger when I was, say, 25. Back then I could eat pretty much anything I wanted and my scary metabolism would take care of it. Seriously, despite eating and drinking tremendous amounts I was still stick thin and wiry. If Stan Lee had witnessed what I did on a regular basis he'd have created a superhero based on me and called him The Tapeworm.

But in those days it seemed like gluttony was almost something shameful or hidden away. Sure, we had Super Sizes and the occasional limited time double burger but reality-pushing concepts seemed to be hidden in the shadows, not shouted from the rooftops.

In other words, where was the Denny's Fried Cheese Melt when I was rolling home from the Khyber at 3 AM on a Saturday morning?

No comments: