From September 19-24, restaurants across the country will be participating in Share Our Strength's Dine Out for No Kid Hungry. A national campaign focused on ending childhood hunger in America by 2015, the campaign raised more than $1.5 million last year and they hope to smash that record this year.
You can support both No Kid Hungry and Baltimore's restaurant scene by dining at Aldo's Ristorante Italiano or the buzzed about new kid on the block Chazz: A Bronx Original during the week. Both eateries – the only independent restaurants in the area taking part in the program – are donating 5% of sales to help end childhood hunger in America, which affects more than 17 million children.
“Childhood hunger is a growing problem in our country and is an issue that needs to be addressed,” said Sergio Vitale, Chef/Co-Owner of Chazz: A Bronx Original and Co-Owner of Aldo’s. “We are proud to participate in No Kid Hungry™ and hope that everyone will come out to Chazz and Aldo’s this week to not only get a great meal but to also help those in need.”
“We are asking everyone—private citizens, businesses, policymakers and other nonprofits—to help us end childhood hunger in this country,” said Bill Shore, Founder of Share Our Strength.
“I encourage everyone to dine out often at participating Dine Out For No Kid Hungry restaurants in September, then visit our web site, Strength.org, to learn what more they can do to make sure every child in America has access to the nutritious food they need.”
Share Our Strength’s Dine Out For No Kid Hungry is sponsored by Sysco, American Express, Ecolab, Open Table, Food Network, USA Today and the National Restaurant Association.