Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What's Missing from Thrillist's Best Burgers List?

If it were up to Thrillist I'd be about 300 lbs. and a raging alcoholic.

Their recent "Summer Beers Checklist" is tacked up on my office bulletin board and gets stuffed in my pocket anytime I think I might be hitting the beer store. (By the way, you can get your own copy of the checklist here. So far I've only sampled five of the 150 or a paltry 3.33%. Favorites so far are Harpoon Summer Beer and Victory Summer of Love.)

As if that wasn't enough they recently posted their list of the 33 Best Burgers in The Country (also with its own handy checklist). Personally, I was glad to see they steered clear of places like In-N-Out or 5 Guys when making the list – unless you're going to single out a specific establishment those places don't belong.

But I was disappointed that Tessaro's, my favorite burger haunt when I lived in Pittsburgh, was not on the list. I still dream about those burgers and though I have no desire to go back to the 'Burgh I would drive there for a burger from Tessaro's today.

And I'm not alone. No less an authority than The Hamblogger rated the burger at Tessaro's a 5 out of 5.

What beefy omissions catch your eye? Sound off in the comments section...

No comments: