Friday, August 19, 2016

Quick Review: Jack's Beach Grille on LBI

Stopped by Jack's Beach Grille in Bay Village on Long Beash Island (NJ) last night to grab dinner to go for my daughter and me. Wanted to try the roast pork and compare it to my favorite (Dinic's) but it was out (next time!) so I went with the cheesesteak. 

As a longtime DelVal resident and cheesesteak fan I'm always skeptical about cheesesteaks that aren't made in Philly or just over the bridge in Jersey but I have to admit I loved and devoured the cheesesteak with fried onions and sauce from Jack's. Wish the roll had been a little denser and chewier but that's a minor quibble. (You know I liked the cheesesteak... I didn't even take time out from wolfing it down to take a photo!)

Kid's Menu grilled chicken breast was juicy and tender. My daughter chowed down the whole order and we split (and couldn't even finish) the huge order of fries that came with her order. Here's to success for Jack's and I'm looking forward to going back and trying that Roast Pork Sandwich.

Jack's offers inside and outside seating and is BYOB friendly. Their ad in the local paper even makes pairing suggestions so you can walk across the street to the newly opened Ship Bottom Brewery and grab a growler to go.

Jack's Beach Grille is located in Bay Village in Beach Haven on Long Beach Island, NJ. Call 609-492-2328 or visit jacksbeachgrille.com for more info.

No comments: