Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Crockpot Wednesday: SkinnyTaste Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy

Photo: SkinnyTaste.com
It's Crockpot Wednesday here at THG HQ and last week's recipe was a rousing success.

I love Thanksgiving but must admit that all the shopping, prepping, cooking, browning of wings (and necks and gizzards) for gravy, etc. makes it a meal I don't want to deal with on a regular basis.

Cue SkinnyTaste.com and their recipe for a pretty effortless and delicious Turkey Breast with Gravy.

The hardest part with this recipe was finding a frozen turkey breast in February but the effort paid off. I probably cooked this one a little longer than I needed to (my crockpot tends to run hot and my digital thermometer was on the fritz) so it may have been a touch on the dry side but that was negated by the rich, savory gravy that the breast produced during the cooking process.

On top of that, the long slow cooking process made the whole house smell like Thanksgiving, if only for a day.

No comments: