Thursday, March 31, 2022

Celebrate National Tater Day with Potatoes Anna

I wrote about my Mom – Anna Taylor – and her unwitting influence on The Hungover Gourmet back in 2013 when she passed away and nine years later (!) I still smile whenever I see or reference my used copy of Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook.

Granted, it's not Mom's copy – that disappeared when we were cleaning out the home she and my Dad lived in for 40+ years – but that cookbook was the only one she owned, even if I never saw her reference it or use it for anything more than storage for recipes she had clipped from the newspaper. Recipes that she would never reference or make, they simply caught her eye while having coffee and waiting for us to rise and shine.

So when it came time to find a recipe to celebrate National Tater Day (March 31st) I knew there had to be something hearty and worth sharing from a 1950s Betty Crocker tome.

Imagine my surprise when I looked and spotted, yep, Potatoes Anna staring back at me from those familiar pages.

(Click for full size image)

Happy National Tater Day, Mom! I hope you and Dad are enjoying a nice meal together. – Dan Taylor

No comments: