Thursday, June 02, 2005

Burgers and BBQ... Oh My

With our respective others out of town, it was up to SMILE HON editor and THG contributor WP Tandy and me to check out the highly-regarded Circle Drive-In. Located down the street from Michael's Steak & Lobster House, The Circle is a long-standing, highly-regarded fixture in the Baltimore cheap eats community.

Though the impressive menu offers everything from subs and sandwiches to BBQ and wings, I was in the mood for a burger. And how could I resist the eatery's namesake -- The Circle Burger -- which is a half-pound Angus pattie... wait for it... topped with their signature BBQ and cheese? I couldn't, so I didn't.

The burger hit the spot, though next time I'll probably order it a little more rare. There was just enough BBQ on top to make it sloppy and tangy without becoming a total mess. Cheese fries were good, non-institutional fries with a tub of dunking cheese on the side.

Prices were cheap with two burgers, two orders of fries, a root beer and a milkshake coming to less than $20. Service could've been a little snappier, but since it's early in the season I'll cut them some slack.

No comments: