Monday, July 04, 2005

Overheard at The Liquor Store

While I was in New Jersey yesterday I stopped at a liquor store to grab some beer. The woman in front of me was purchasing the frightening looking Tequila Rose. I peered over her shoulder to see just what was in it and almost ralphed when I read the phrase "strawberry cream liqeur with tequila."

Apparently, the woman in front of her had the opposite reaction:
Woman #1: Ohhhhh, what is that? It looks gooooood...
Woman #2: It is, it is. It's like a strawberry milkshake... with tequila!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say it's closer to a shot of Cuervo with an ampicillin mixer, followed by a lick of powdered strawberry Quik for good measure . . . sans any of the healing (or at least therapeutic) properties suggested by such a combination. Very likely to leave you stranded and helpless and full of despair deep within Whitley Streiber territory . . .

Nanoo!

Dan said...

Holy hell, that's a frightening combo! Even worse, the lady that wanted to get a bottle only demured because her swim club didn't allow bottles.

The Sarah said...

I have had Tequila Rose before myself and William, your description fit it perfectly. I hated it. It ended my theory of anything being delicious as long as Tequila was involed. Dan, btw, I love your site and added to my links.

Dan said...

Vyvyan... Thanks for the comments and the link. I think that's what some of these companies think... "Hmmm, if we just made tequila not taste like tequila, then maybe people would drink it."

The last time I got "drunk sick" was on tequila, so it has some pretty bad memories for this polecat.