Saturday, January 14, 2006

My 70s Fridge


When I was at the gym yesterday I read an article about home wine cellars and wine storage. Not surprisingly, suggestions for such indulgences ranged from small wine fridges up to having some company come out and excavate your property to build a cellar.

"Why bother," I thought, "when you can buy a fridge with a wine chiller?" Yes, our recently-purchased house came with a fridge. A fridge that I won't describe further than saying it is an atrocious color and can hold about three dozen eggs. Oh yeah, and it has a built-in "Wine Chiller" that will suspend two bottles of your fave vino in a cork-down position.

Since I'm not a huge white wine drinker I had to wait till the mood struck or some other fortuitous event. Luckily, friends gifted us with a bottle after we took care of their dog and guess what... 2003 Benziger Los Carneros Chardonnay rocks my world!

Smooth as silk with a hint of apples, peaches, pears, pineapple and cocount it's the perfect white wine for those who think they don't like white wine.

No comments: