Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Celebrate 7-11's 79th with a Free Slurpee


Today marks the 79th birthday of long-standing convenience store icon 7-11. Our local 7-11 was a place of mystery and wonder for yours truly. It was where, according to my mother, "hoodlums" hung out and was no place for me to be going. Naturally, this made it even more attractive. To this day I still equate 7-11 with the bad part of town no matter where it may be located.

To celebrate their birthday, 7-11 stores will be giving away free 7.11 ounce Slurpees in special "Happy Birthday" cups today. The chain is also commemorating the 25th anniversary of the diabetes-enhancing Big Gulp with super sized drink cups with 25% free throughout the summer.

If you want a snack to go along with that free Slurpee check out the web site for the book Mini-Mart a la Carte which takes common convenience store ingredients and turns them into tasty (?) treats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there...
I just finished remodeling my kitchen. I found a really great website with a bunch of kitchen remodeling articles on it, maybe some of you will find it helpfull. This is my favorite article, but there are a lot more.
Asian Kitchens