Friday, March 09, 2007

The Heat is On at Wendy's: Part 1

Maybe it was our appearance at last weekend's Baltimore DIY/Zine Fest. Or, perhaps, it was this week's THG #10 Release Party at Ryan's Daughter in Baltimore.

Whatever the reason, corporate America is finally sitting up and taking notice of The Hungover Gourmet. Yes, thanks to my role as an influential tastemaker on the American Dining Scene we were among the first media outlets to hear about the new Wendy's Four-Alarm Chicken Sandwich.

In a continuing effort to satisfy the tastes of spicy food fans everywhere, Wendy's is rolling the new sandwich out this week and promises that it is "not for the mild of heart."

Based on their popular Spicy Chicken Sandwich, the new menu offering features a spicy chicken fillet topped with natural Pepper Jack cheese, 4-Alarm Chipotle sauce, Jalapeno pepper slices, tomato and romaine lettuce, served on freshly baked artisan bread.

While my burger allegiance is well defined and I will only eat fast food fish sandwiches that originate from the Golden Arches, my chicken sandwich dollar is pretty much up for grabs. In Part 2 of this continuing story I'll do something I haven't done in probably four or five years... I'll visit a Wendy's.

TO BE CONTINUED...

2 comments:

Cham said...

It doesn't look that bad except for that rather gross piece of chicken.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I wonder how that would taste with a fish patty from the golden arches instead of that chicken...