Friday, October 26, 2007

Free Taco Next Tuesday

I'm a casual observer of this year's World Series. I turned off game 1 at the end of the fourth inning, just missing the deluge of runs that would turn it into the biggest game 1 rout in the history of the World Series. Game 2 aired during my viewing of NBC's Thursday comedy lineup, so I popped in every now and then to see what was happening. Frankly, I find it ridiculous that these games are starting when they are, thus guaranteeing another generation of sports fans that have all but given up on "the national pastime" (sic).

Anyway, the most interesting part of last night's game came when Red Sox outfielder Jacoby Elisbury stole second base without a pick-off attempt. The true result of this simple act? Free tacos for everybody at Taco Bell next Tuesday.

No comments: