Thursday, November 29, 2007

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Today's my 41st (gulp) birthday and while I had originally planned to make one of my favorite dishes – a nice roast chicken, sauteed brussels sprouts, brown rice – Chris said that she would pick up BBQ from Andy Nelson's on her way home from work. Considering it has been kind of a shitty week I wasn't about to say "no."

With the weather getting colder and making homemade pulled pork a time-consuming exercise, I've been looking for some ways to speed up or ease the process. Check out this recipe for Crock Pot Pulled Pork, which I'll definitely be trying as the NFL playoffs get closer.

3 comments:

John said...

Pork on your birthday - yum! Happy B-day!!!

Dan said...

Thanks John... it was quite tasty. We had the pulled pork BBQ, smoky wings (which I just couldn't stop eating!), slab of ribs, slaw, beans and cornbread. Even have enough left over for dinner tonight.

Douglas A. Waltz said...

Man, that recipe for the crock pot pork sounds great! I'm gonna try it asap. The family wants me to kake your hobo chicken again. Still popular at the Waltz Compound.