Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BK Loaded Steakhouse... Can I Resist?

I rarely eat fast food anymore. My recent indulgence used to be a Chik-Fil-A sandwich every now and then, but I can't even recall the last time I had one of those.

Typically, though, I get sucked in by advertising and the wave of ads touting the Burger King Loaded Steakhouse Burger are doing their job. I'm not even sure it sounds that good – I believe the burger is topped with onion rings and mashed potatoes! – but I find myself thinking about it. Thinking about it way too much.

Reviews seem to be pretty mixed. The Journey Blog graphically (especially for a pastor!) describes it as a drunken baked potato who threw up on his steak burger roommate and many of the comments to the post argue both sides of the taste fence. The Impulsive Buy (which claims to put the "ew" in product reviews) zings it with a lowly 2 rating but that's the same rating they gave Extreme Pringles Screamin' Dill which sound like something I'd love. And one Chowhound poster wasn't sure if they liked it or not.

On the plus side there's some Cadillac enthusiast who liked it so much he posted about it on a Caddy forum, though he had to "assume" that the stuff on top was supposed to be mashed potatoes.

I'm not sure I can resist the urge but I probably have to have it today if I'm going to have it at all.

1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Hey, if you like ChikFilA, try this recipe and let me know if you like it:
http://friedalovesbread.blogspot.com/2009/03/chicken-nuggetschik-fil-copycat.html

Cheers!