Sunday, September 28, 2008

Better Late Than Never... Meet 'Ham on the Street' Host at Wegmans

For my money, one of the more engaging hosts on The Food Network of late has been George Duran who hosts the 'Ham on the Street' program and I believe took over the hosting duties at 'The Secret Life Of...'.

Naturally, because I like Duran and enjoy his shows I never see him on the air anymore – it's nearly impossible to sort through the clutter of shows hosted by Alton Brown (who has gone from charming to irritating in record time), Bobby Flay, or a member of the Deen family. Frankly, I don't even know if 'Ham' or Duran are still on the network.

If you happen to be at Wegmans in Hunt Valley this Monday maybe you can ask him yourself. Duran will be demonstrating dishes from his new bookTake This Dish and Twist It – and signing copies after the demo. Unfortunately, the 6 PM start time makes it kinda tough for me to make it so I'll have to rely on one of my trusty readers to do the legwork for me.

No comments: