Friday, September 26, 2008

Horror Movie Pub Crawl

I'll be the first to admit that I have fallen into a bit of a comfort zone when it comes to websites. I have my bookmarks, my blog feeds, my alerts and all too often I find myself falling back on old faithfuls when I need to waste some time.

So I'm always happy when a new site comes my way, especially one like Kindertrauma that has the potential to suck me in for hours at a time.

I got turned on to this one courtesy of another member of the Eurotrash Paradise who thought our merry band of horror fans and occasional boozers might get a kick out of the site's Horror Movie Bar Crawl. A great idea for an article – it chronicles the bars seen in such horror films as AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (who can forget Rik Mayall as one of the suspicious regulars?) and A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2 (where our teen protagonist finds himself face-to-face with his gym teacher at a leather-filled gay club).

Unfortunately, it overlooks such establishments as The Winchester (the bar that's central to the plan in SHAUN OF THE DEAD) and the redneck bar from Kathryn Bigelow's brilliant NEAR DARK (starring a young Adrain Pasdar from HEROES).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, How can you leave out the Winchester!