Thursday, August 04, 2011

Towson Cuban Joint Lands in Best of Baltimore

Though I miss living in a city and being able to walk to restaurants and shops, I've always thought that nearby Towson afforded me a lot of the benefits of Baltimore while still being able to enjoy the comforts of the 'burbs.

Though the downtown area could use a little redevelopment after the long slow death of Towson Commons, the area still boasts a handful of great sushi places, indie burger and hot dog joints, a rock venue and cool shops.

One place I've been anxious to try is Havana Road Cuban Cafe which sits a door or two away from my favorite sushi joint (San Sushi Too/Thai One On). Reviews have all been glowing and I'm happy to see the place succeeding in a spot where others had failed.

And here's more good news... Baltimore Magazine's annual "Best Of" issue recently singled out a number of Towson establishments, including the Cubano ("Chunks of slow-roasted pork, ham, Swiss, mustard, and pickles ... on crunchy bread") at Havana Road.

No comments: