If you want to get some of your holiday shopping wrapped up early – and pick up some gourmet treats to keep on hand for impromptu gatherings or just snacking during the next football game – make plans to hit this weekend's Sugarloaf Crafts Festival at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium.
Frankly, I always had the crafts festival pegged as a place where I could get quilts, household decor and furniture, not gourmet food. So I was pleased to find out that this year's installment of the popular event will feature more than 20 food exhibitors selling everything from specialty drink mixes and gourmet snacks to cakes, cookies and more.
Here's just a sampling of the exhibitors who will be selling their goods – and hopefully handing out samples – when the show arrives this weekend:
- Rowena's Italian Specialties – desserts, jams, curds and sauces
- Rising Sun Farms – 100% gluten free and all natural tortas, spreads, marinades and more
- Bittersweet Herb Farm – sauces, jams, oils and seasonings
- Ron and Frank's Gourmet Beverages – hot chocolate, chai tea and their new coffee blend
- Olevano Olive Oil – a wide range of olive oil-based products
- Berkshire Sweet Gold – single crop, single batch maple syrup from Massachusetts
- Pretzelphoria Gourmet Pretzels – choose from sweet and salty, hot and spicy or just plain indulgent
- Lakes Almonds – gourmet roasted nuts
- Wissie Cakes – breads, cookies, pound cakes and more
- Leonard Mountain – stews, soups, dips and chili