Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Went Looking for Turkey Wings. Found Chicken Paws.


I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. After striking out on turkey wings at four stores (ALDI, Giant, Shoprite, MOM'S Organic) I headed to Wal-Mart in the hopes I could avoid Wegmans and The Parking Lot from Hell.

I did find the wings I needed for the awesome gravy I make for the Thanksgiving turkey but I also spotted these and had to take a pic.

Is calling them "Chicken Paws" supposed to make them sound more edible? Is this a regional thing I'm not familiar with – I've lived here almost twenty years and have never seen or heard them called this. – Dan Taylor

Dan Taylor is the editor/publisher of The Hungover Gourmet and he loves himself some organ meats. But he draws the line at chicken feet. Or paws.

No comments: