Saturday, December 23, 2006

Off for the Holidays

I heard on the news last night that of the nearly 2 million Maryland residents headed out of town this holiday weekend, 81% will be doing so by car. You can count us among that 81%. Once I finish my coffee, scrambled eggs and toast I'll be getting the car packed for the ride up to New Jersey.

My spirits are bright, though. The rain has moved on so driving today won't be as bad as driving yesterday was, plus my father-in-law called and said that we're going to dinner at Roberto's, one of my favorite restaurants on LBI tonight, and he's busy making his chicken liver spread, which my wife hates but I love, Love, LOVE!

Happy holidays from The Hungover Gourmet to you and yours. Coming next week will be reflections upon our favorite meals of the year and other food-related remembrances.

In the meantime, don't forget to check out the THG store for your copy of the all-new issue #10.

No comments: