Friday, December 12, 2008

First Day of Gifties: Yuengling Ornaments & Village

Each year I try to bring a little cheer into the holiday season by alerting readers to some cool food & drink stocking stuffers. With Christmas less than two weeks away (how did that happen?!) I figured some of you might be in the same boat as me and are, how shall we say, not exactly "ready" for a visit from Saint Nick.

So, if you're not sure what to get the foodie or drunkie on your holiday shopping list – even if that person is you (or maybe me?) – never fear... The Hungover Gourmet is here with fun and fab gift ideas for all.

During my college and post-college years, weekend nights (and sometimes days) were largely spent at Philly rock clubs or in dark, dingy bars throwing back bottles of Yuengling beer, preferably Porter.

And what I wouldn't have given to decorate my Christmas tree, office cubicle, kitchen and/or bathroom with Yuengling Beer Christmas Ornaments! Though I'm not sure where the Yuengling Lager is (!) it's still nice to see good old Porter getting its due.

If you find beer can ornaments a bit too trailer trash for your tastes, the Lighted Village Collection should appeal to your inner Martha Stewart and features the original Brewery Office, Shipping Department, Cold Storage and Malt House as well as the Bottle Shop.

But hurry! UPS Deadline for shipping is Monday, December 15!

3 comments:

Liz said...

OK, this won't fit in a stocking, but some of the ingredients will! Are you near a Trader Joe's? Then pick up "Cooking with Trader Joe's," a great cookbook that features lots of recipes using Trader Joe's great food products. (We have a TJ a couple miles away -- my daughter and I have fun just cruising the aisles, looking for fun stuff to try.) This is anything but boring: there are ethnic recipes, American comfort food, Asian dishes, vegan and vegetarian dishes, Middle Eastern dishes, all kinds of interesting things -- even fusion combinations. I've been surprised to find some great new uses for a few of my tried and true Trader Joe favorites.

Dan said...

Thanks Liz, I'll have to check that out. We're near the TJ at the Towson Circle, which is kind of a hassle to get to but I do like some of the stuff they have at the holidays. They had these wicked good chocolate mint cookie bites last year that were amazing with coffee!

Liz said...

I was just thinking yesterday how I hadn't made my peppermint bark candy yet this year. I think I'll try the cookie bites to add to the plate -- they sound delicious.