Thursday, June 09, 2011

Get Bit by the Home Brew Bug

I still have a notebook somewhere with recipes for all the batches of homebrew that I made back in the 90s. It was good stuff but required room and time, things that seem in short supply these days.

Frankly, I'm thinking about just grabbing one of those Mr. Home Brew kits like the old Great American Beer Machine or whatever the hell it was the Landers sisters used to do an infomercial for. (Frankly, all that infomercial made me want to do was go drink a gallon of milk and watch a BJ AND THE BEAR marathon.)

But I think it's safe to say that craft beer is becoming more and more popular. Hell, my local liquor store recently started carrying Dale's Pale Ale and Resurrection Ale in cans, and their idea of "craft beer" used to be bringing in some Leinenkugel's.

If you're itching to get started with home brew, check out today's latest Groupon deal. It features half off from Midwest Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies and you can get your starter kit with everything you need except bottles and a brew kettle plus $25 towards your second batch of supplies.

Now, where's that notebook?

No comments: