Thursday, March 21, 2013

Foodie Bracket-tonomy

It has come to my attention that some people don't enjoy March Madness, college basketball, brackets, bracket-tology and all things associated with it.

If you are one of these Commies people there are other options for you to be a bracket-head.

For instance, Thrillist is running their Cereal Mascots Bracket featuring such tough first-round matchups as Lucky the Leprechaun vs Captain Crunch (which is a regional final if ever I heard one!) or Count Chocula vs The Trix Rabbit. Seriously? That's like making Duke and Louisville play each other in the first round this year!

Care as little about cereal mascots as you do college hoops? Prefer to wax nostalgic about long-forgotten foodstuffs? Well, you're in luck food nerd. SoGood blog is doing their annual food bracket and this year features a Discontinued Food & Beverages tourney.

While I'm happy to see Zima make the list (as any mention of Zima makes me chuckle and recall the note a friend left in our kitchen one year after too much of the crisp, hurl-inducing malt beverage) I found myself lamenting the absence of Pepsi Light (a 70s blend of Pepsi with lemon whose disappearance from the shelves turned me toward Mt. Dew) and Pepsi Holiday Spice.

Sorry, no, that's not a tear... I think I have something in my eye.

Don't like debating cereal mascots or discontinued food? How about TV Moms?

No comments: