Friday, March 15, 2013

No Wonder Mrs. Norris Needs Malt: Vintage Beer Ads for the Ladies

I loves me some vintage advertising.

Whether it's star athletes promoting the latest developments in smokes or some deadly-looking chrome baby seat that your toddler can stand up in it makes you wonder why we even bother with all the helmets, knee pads, gluten-free foods, baby monitors and outlet covers we take part in these days.

"Hey, I turned out fine, how come YOU get a car seat?! If a laundry basket was good enough for your mother..."

Sorry. Got a little off-track there.

Beer ads are great, too, and just in time for St. Patrick's Day comes this collection of vintage beer ads featuring the ladies. And, trust me, as a work-at-home Dad with a five-year old I know exactly why Mrs. Norris needs malt.

No comments: