Friday, August 01, 2014

John Steven Closed in Fells Point?

Sorry to read the report from Richard Gorelick's 'Baltimore Diner' blog that Fells Point eatery John Steven Ltd. has been closed since the beginning of the week with the owner citing the "difficult economic climate".

The restaurant had been one of our "go to" destinations whenever we entertained out of town visitors and I have fond memories of the Irish stew around St. Patrick's Day as well as their fish and chips. But it's the Cream of Trout Soup I had there many, many years ago that will always stick in my mind as one of the finest dishes I've had during my years visiting and living in the region.

I always crossed my fingers the dish would be listed as a special when we passed by so I'd have an excuse to go in. Here's hoping I get that chance again.

No comments: