Monday, January 02, 2006

Restaurant Reviews on Your Desktop

Last year at this time Chris and I vowed that we would try one new restaurant each month. If my memory serves me correctly we started off pretty well, but lost focus after a few months and settled into our old standbys: San Sushi Too, Andy Nelson's BBQ, Baja Fresh, etc.

Part of the problem with wanting to try new places is the lack of good recommendations, but the free Restaurant Ratingz widget from Intertron Software might help with that. Available for Macintosh (yay!) and Windows, the widget can be used on the Dashboard for Macs running Tiger or be used in something called the Yahoo Widget Engine for Windows or Mac.

Ratings for restaurants in my area seemed a bit slim but I guess it's up to me to help boost the database!

No comments: