Thursday, October 16, 2008

Imagine My Surprise... Yuengling Barbecue Sauce?!

Just got back from a shopping trip to Wegmans where I stuck pretty close to my shopping list.

With one exception.

While picking up some black beans for tomorrow night's Black Beans and Rice to go with our Baja Fish Tacos I turned around and gave the barbecue sauce shelf a quick glance. I'm always hoping that Head Country will make it this far east, saving me the trouble of ordering cases of it every six months.

So imagine my surprise when I saw several bottles of sauce staring back at me with the tell-tale script of the Yuengling beers I've been known to throw back on occasion! Yep, Yuengling has branched out into the barbecue sauce business with a Lager Sauce, Hot Lager Sauce, Ying Wing Sauce and there might have been one other one. I grabbed a Lager Sauce and will report back next week on how it is.

Information about the line of sauces is sketchy at best. The Yuengling blog doesn't appear to have any mention of it, nor does the Yuengling website but a couple brief reviews over at the Barbecue Bible website make it sound promising.

UPDATE: The Yuengling Lager Sauce line has its own website.

6 comments:

John said...

Dear God, Yuengling BBQ Sauce? Hell, if people can make Coca-Cola Glazed Ham, I'm sure they can do that with Yuengling.

Dan said...

Looking forward to checking it out. I've probably consumed more Vitamin Y in my life than any other beers. Wonder if they're working on a Porter-based sauce. Bet that would go good on steaks...

Anonymous said...

The sauce is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it while you can get it. I called to find out where to find it and was informed by the brewery that they didn't make or endorse it. It's being sold with permission to use their name.

john said...

Anonymous has no idea what he's talking about. Yuengling was involved from start to finish on these sauces. Approved, co-created and sold directly on the yuengling web site.... have only tried the original - and it is fantastic

Dan said...

Thanks for the comment John. I haven't seen the sauce in stores for some time now. Do they still make it?